Life at BARC | Life at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre | Salary, Perks, Allowances, Benefits, Power
Money is here, job security, lots of perks etc.
BARC is one of the most heavily funded research organization in India with a good amount from India's GDP channelled for its research work and expansion.
Points to Ponder:-
1. The full medical expenses are covered by BARC during service and post service.
2. You will directly join as Gazetted officers with a starting salary of close to 65k gross.
Here's a video on the same:-
3. There is a good career progression.
4. The main BARC township, Anushaktinagar ( all lot others are also there of course). Has all the facilities you and your family would need, this include a full fledged sport activities, cultural clubs , trekking clubs and so on. From a day care called "kill bill" ( you heard it right.!) to college every aspect of your young one's upbringing is being taken care of. But the waiting list for getting into township is really long.
5. Work hours: 8.5 hrs of work - 5 days a week . Sat and Sunday off.
6. Apart from all these , the other facilities like LTC, EL and CL all applicable just like any other central Government jobs .
7. Of course we get our M.tech while on job itself, so within two years of joining you would have your masters degree and two years of job experience. But there is a 3 year bond to it! Later we can enrol for Ph.D after 2 years gap.
8. Scientific officers in BARC come under a well respected scientific community. There is hardly anyone I know who has got into BARC by luck, all have gone through a tough BARC interview before getting into BARC and that reflects in their work.
9. Your working place would be most probably in Mumbai. No transfers, no tension.